All of us face health issues every once in a while. While some problems can be managed with simple treatments, others require the attention of specialized professionals. Dental issues are physical ailments experienced by almost every human being at least once in their lifetime. Some dental issues cause excruciating pain.
Laser dentistry is a highly innovative area of dental care. It provides relief to people suffering from a variety of ailments through a minimally invasive surgical procedure. It's useful in treating cavities, gum issues, and other oral problems. Want a detailed view of laser dentistry? Let's take a look at the laser dentistry services offered by the best dentist in Danbury, CT.
What Exactly Is Laser Dentistry?
Laser dental care professionals use laser energy to reshape the gums and remove overgrown tissues. Laser technology is also used for simple issues like teeth whitening. Pediatric dental care has been majorly improved by the innovations of laser dentistry; dental care professionals are now able to help children who were afraid to undergo treatment for their dental problems.
Scope of Laser Dentistry
Laser Dentistry can:
• Regenerate damaged nerves
• Relieve pain from cold and canker sores
• Remove benign oral tumors
• Treat infections that occur after a root canal procedure
• Remove throat tissues that lead to sleep apnea
• Treat gum disease
• Expose hidden wisdom teeth
• Remove gum inflammation
• Perform biopsies related to cavities
• Reshape gums for better health
Advantages of Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry offers many advantages to patients and medical professionals alike. Here are some of the advantages offered by laser dentistry compared to other kinds of treatments:
• The laser beams make the procedure a ‘no blood loss’ type of surgery
• The areas of the mouth treated by laser beams undergo little to no damage, which speeds up the healing process
• No anesthesia
• A ‘no-cut’ type of surgery
• Precise laser beams ensure that healthy tissues go unaffected by the procedure
• The lasers sterilize the tissues around the affected area and help prevent infection post-surgery
Types of Lasers Used in Laser Dentistry
Different types of lasers are used by dental care professionals to treat different conditions. The two types of lasers usually used in dental treatments are hard tissue lasers and soft tissue lasers. Dental care professionals treat these issues by altering laser pulse and wavelength.
Hard tissue lasers are generally used in cavity detection, base work for dental fillings, and around sensitive teeth. Soft tissue lasers are used for lengthening crowns, treating tongue movement issues, gum reshaping, and removing folds caused by dentures.
Laser dentistry offers painless relief to patients with many different dental issues. Make sure to get in touch with Hilltop Dental, one of the best dentists in Danbury, CT. The staff members of Hilltop Dental ensure that everyone who comes for help leaves the clinic with a bright smile.
Some dental services offered by Hilltop Dental, the best dentist in Danbury, CT, are Invisalign, general dentistry, tooth extractions, crown fixing, root canal treatment, preventive gum care solutions, and periodontal checkups.
Visit Hilltop Dental to experience the best dental care at an excellent price.